Friday, 28 October 2011

Black is back!

Tonight I had the opportunity to piece together the rear and front hubs after getting them back from powder-coating.

My rims will be back early next week, which will allow me to start stringing them together. I plan on visiting a pro for the rim truing and tyre mounting.

Didn't turn out too badly!

 My triple trees were also powder coated gloss black too.

Saturday, 8 October 2011

Royal replacement

To my pleasant surprise, Royal Spares were very helpful in getting me a new tool bag sent out to me  last week, in the colour that was originally requested. It only cost me the delivery charge, whilst they were happy for me to keep the red-brown coloured version as well.

It actually matches the Rich Phillips seat perfectly!

Monday, 3 October 2011

She's coming together!

It's been a big couple of weeks with the tank and chassis welding having taken place.

Arthur from North Shore Radiators did a great job of soldering my tank back together, cleaning, sealing and pressure testing it to ensure a leak free result.

This long weekend was spent removing any slag from the chassis welding, and just giving it all a once over as I move closer to getting it prepared for powder coating.

Other than the seat sitting too far forward, it's easy to see how all of the elements are coming together.

Tight squeeze!

As part of today's mock up session, I wanted to test out the fitment of the coil that came in my Pamco ignition kit from Mikes XS and the backyard slimline engine mounts that I'd made up.

Talk about a tight squeeze!

Getting bent!

It was always my intention to have a fender stay that was as discreet as possible, with it preferably running under the fender once attached.

My solution was to grab one of the Triumph fender stays that Steadfast Cycles sell.

Unfortunately it was way too narrow to suit my application, however, with some careful re-bending it now clears my 4.5 x 18 Firestone tyre. It was also way too short to clear the wheel, so I decided to give myself a flexible fix. This called for some 10mm threaded rod and rod ends.

Now I have an adjustable fender stay!