Sunday 14 August 2011

Beyond the point of no return!

I took the plunge and finally committed to the hardtail today by chopping my chassis up.

The TC Bros instructions were very straight forward and are a good guideline as to what prep is required prior to final welding.

For all of you seasoned bike builders out there, you will notice that I don't have a motor mount brace to keep the down tube and chassis rails true. I was fortunate to acquaint myself with a very helpful member of the XS650 Club of Australia who is providing me with valuable advice and a helping hand. Thankfully he has an amazing jig that will help square the chassis prior to welding.

Of course, as any excited bike builder has done, I had to do a test fit the first chance I could.











No comments:

Post a Comment