Saturday 4 June 2011

Helmet head

One of things that really appeals to me is the ability to get creative and express yourself with a cool helmet.

Unfortunately there isn't a large range of ultra cool open faced helmets available in Oz. Due to our strict design rules and regulations, buying something from Biltwell and Bell was out of the question as they have not been tested by our local authorities. Despite being DOT approved, these helmets don't have the all important AS/NZ 1698 sticker and tag to ensure that I am covered by insurance should the worst happen.

Old School Helmets make some awesome paint jobs, however, they were not suitable due to the helmets not meeting Australian Design Rules. They did inspire me none the less.

So I did the next best thing, and bought a locally made Rjays helmet and painted it myself.

I couldn't have done it without the help of  Lisa Cotterill of Envisage Makeup Artistry, who did a brilliant job on Pepe Le Pew!

All it needs now is some pin-striping across the front and back of the helmet.

I mustn't forget the Possum's help too!












No comments:

Post a Comment