Monday 20 June 2011

Foot pegs and ghetto mounts

After stewing on it, I decided I wasn't all that comfortable with the positioning of the TC Bros forward controls.

With a bit of thought, I'd decided to see if there was some other way to install them in a mid mount position. As luck would have it, the exhaust mounting positions will be ideal for the re-located forward control mounts.

It will push them a bit lower to the ground than expected, however, I do have the available ride height to get away with it. The exhaust will need to run beneath these, however, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll need to cut 40mm off the forward control posts in order for them to get closer to the side covers, and to prevent them getting smashed on the first bend I take.

I managed to get the basic ghetto engine mount roughly completed, prior to final tidy up, welding and powder coating.

As you can see, the tank sits neatly atop the new mount. I might even have a bit of extra space for the petcocks after all?










No comments:

Post a Comment